Course on Statelessness
This annual course on Statelessness is organized by the International Institute for Humanitarian Law in cooperation with the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees. It will take place in Sanremo from 4 to 7 April 2017.
The course is designed for government officials and NGOs dealing with stateless people or looking into addressing statelessness in their country. The course lasts four days and is conducted in English. This course responds to the increasing demand for information on statelessness and ways to prevent and reduce statelessness. It includes presentations, case studies, simulations and practical exercises led by experts. The overall objectives of the course are to:
- Increase the participants’ ability to deal with the phenomenon of statelessness
- Encourage the sharing of good practices among participants on how to reduce and prevent statelessness and protect stateless persons
- Promote the use and the implementation of UNHCR’s Global Action Plan to End Statelessness within 10 years as part of the #IBelong Campaign
- Encourage governments to accede to the Statelessness Conventions, establish or improve the implementation of safeguards against statelessness in nationality laws and remove gender discrimination from nationality laws
For more information please go to the course webpage.
- Apr 04, 2017 08:00
- Apr 07, 2017 12:00
- Event Category
- Refugee Law Courses
- Contact Person
- Ms Patricia Panizzi (email@example.com)
- +39 0184 541848 (205)
- Villa Ormond, C.so Cavallotti 113, 18038 Sanremo (Italy)