Conferences and thematic seminars
The Institute pays special attention to the development of the international scenarios and convenes meetings, conferences, seminars and round tables on thematic areas where the promotion of International Humanitarian Law is considered appropriate.
Topics include the protection of refugees, the implementation and development of humanitarian law, migration flows, disasters relief, the law of armed conflict at sea, and more recently terrorism, chemical weapons, customary international law, non-state actors, cyber warfare and Private Military and Security Companies.
- Workshop on “Rescue of refugees and migrants in the Mediterranean: Practitioners’ perspectives", Sanremo, 7-9 March 2016
- Workshop on "IHL and Human Rights for Members of the Armed Forces and Governmental Officials of Montenegro", Podgorica, 9-12 November 2015.
- "Nuclear Weapons and Human Security", Sanremo, 18 June 2015
- Workshop on "IHL and Human Rights for members of the Armed Forces and Governmental Officials", Skopje, 17-22 November 2014
- "The Threat of contemporary piracy and the role of international community", Rome, 28 November 2013
- "Migration, Asylum Law and Operational Challenges in Serbia", Belgrade, 18-21 November 2013
- Seminar on "Justice and Reconciliation" Zagreb, 11 May 2012
- "Advanced Seminar on Migration, Refugees, Climate Change and Law", Geneva, 13-14 February 2012
- "Seminar on conflict situations and migration flows in the Mediterranean Area", Sanremo, 5 November 2011
- "Seminar on current issues of IHL" Pristina, 14 June 2011
- "Seminar on IHL and current armed conflicts: the involvement of the civilians population in hostilities", Rome, 25 February 2011