International Military Course on LOAC (English, Chinese, Russian)
Sanremo, 30 October-10 November 2017
The general aim of the course is to provide military officers, including operators and military lawyers, as well as civilians, with the opportunity to learn how to apply the principles and rules of the Laws of Armed Conflict (LOAC). The teaching methodology used for this course comprises a combination of central presentations and class work. The class work itself consists largely of a series of exercises conducted under the guidance of class leaders using classic current military planning and staff processes, leading the course through a series of IHL and other relevant legal issues arising during military operations at all levels of intensity. At the end of the course, participants attain a sound knowledge of the principles and rules of LOAC and are able to apply these in a practical manner in a range of operational scenarios.
The course is designed for military officers, military lawyers who have a direct professional interest in or an obligation related to the application of the LOAC. Participation is also welcomed from government officials, academics and students interested in this subject. The course programme has recently been updated to include greater consideration of the practical application of LOAC in the contemporary operating environment.
The registration fee is € 1800. Registration fees must be remitted before the start of the course by bank transfer or, at the latest, upon arrival in cash or Euro currency cheque. Visa and/or Mastercard are also accepted either on the website or at the Institute.
- Transfers to and from Nice Airport
- Course materials
- Lunches and coffee breaks on working days
- Reception drinks and Course dinner
- Course Photograph, Diploma, Institute Plaque
The registration fee does not cover all other expenses incurred by the participant such as hotel accommodation, laundry or telephone calls. Participants must ensure that they bring with them sufficient funds to pay for such expenses.
- Candidate participants whose cancellation request is received in excess of 14 days prior to the start date of the training activity will incur no liabilities except for bank charges.
- Candidate participants whose cancellation request is received within 8 to 14 days prior to the start date of the training activity will incur an administration fee equal to 50% of the fee.
- Candidate participants whose cancellation request is received within 7 days prior to the start date or after the commencement of the training activity will incur an administration fee equal to 100% of the fee.
Click here to register online